Help keep your kitchen cleaner and provide more counter space when your range is not in use with our high-quality Red Oak stove top cover. Simple and elegant, with matte black handles. Perfect for raised gas or electric burners. Personalization options available!
INTRODUCTION Hey there -- we're Josh & Emily! Thanks for checking out our Red Oak stove top cover :)
There is a LOT of info below so you can feel confident about your stovetop cover purchase.
Otherwise -- ASK US! Send me photos of your space. We are happy to talk through your storage options, providing our advice to guide you through selection/ordering questions.
We usually reply within just a couple of hours during the day!
1. WILL THIS FIT MY RANGE? SIZING? This listing offers ONE standard stove top cover in the dimensions listed. No custom-sized stove top covers can be placed via this listing. Custom-sized covers require a custom listing – please message us for more details.
>>The total outside dimensions of the stove top cover will be: Depth = front to back = 22 inches. Length = left to right = 30 inches. Height = bottom to top = 2.5 inches.
>>The Red Oak wood used is for this stove top cover is 0.75” thick.
>>The total inside dimensions of the stove top cover will be: Depth = front to back = 20.5 inches. Length = left to right = 28.5 inches. Inside Clearance = bottom to underside of top = 1.75 inches.
**See graphic in images for helpful visual.**
Prior to purchase, please measure your range to see if it fits these dimensions. They accommodate *most* makes and models of ranges. If you need a custom size – please send us a message.
2. HOW LONG WILL THIS TAKE? Your order takes 5-10 business days to create from scratch. PLUS 3-4 days in UPS ground transit, from here in Kansas City (Go Chiefs!)
We handmake each stove top cover upon order. No pre-made covers are ready to ship today.
a. Order Placed b. Cover is CUT, jointed, run through planer, glued and nailed together, then thoroughly SANDED. c. Cover gets STAINED and dries prior to clear, SATIN TOP COAT applied. d. We hand-paint the personalization lettering on the top, as needed, followed by clear coat #2. e. Order is paired with hardware for install and reviewed for quality prior to hand-wrapping/boxing for shipment. f. Label is printed -- you receive tracking email -- and package arrives avg. 3-4 days later at your door :)
3. CAN I RUSH THIS ORDER? Nope -- good things take time. We process our orders in the order we receive them. There are a few folks excited for us to finish up their items, first. Please see 2. HOW LONG WILL THIS TAKE above :)
4. WHAT WOOD IS THIS STOVE TOP COVER MADE OUT OF? High-quality Red Oak plywood veneer. It will have deeper grain lines, but is a bit sleeker and more modern than our Pine version. The Red Oak has a naturally “pink” undertone. The Red Oak wood grain is closed (compared to pine) and will accept all the stain colors slightly lighter than pine.
Our pine version has a little more rustic, farmhouse feel: https://www.etsy.com/listing/613884220/stove-top-cover-gas-stovetop-cover
5. DOES THIS COME WITH HANDLES? Yes. We will pre-drill holes in your stove top cover and ship it with (2) matte black handles for (very!) simple install upon receipt. We also ship the stove top cover with (4) little silicone feet for you to apply to the bottom of your cover.
6. HOW MUCH DOES THIS WEIGH? Each piece of wood varies; however, on average, the weight is about 8-10 pounds, with the handles.
7. MAY I PERSONALIZE THIS STOVE TOP COVER? Yes! We offer these stove top covers: 1. Without personalization (no lettering on top) – standard 2. With (1) Initial – in black or white paint 3. With (1) Initial est. YYYY – in black or white paint **Please be sure to type the exact spelling and color preference of the personalization in the text box.**
8. CAN I USE THIS AS A CUTTING BOARD? No. Neither our Pine or Red Oak stove top covers are made from hard enough wood species to withstand being used as a cutting board, and they are not finished with food-grade safe products.
9. IS THIS WATERPROOF? Your stove top cover will be stained and then painted with a clear, Satin, water-based polycrylic top coat. This is *not* waterproof, but will be water-resistant. Excessive moisture may damage the finish. Simply wipe away water with a soft, clean rag to help your wooden stove top tray last even longer!
10. PLEASE ALLOW THE STOVE TO COOL COMPLETELY BEFORE YOU PLACE THE WOODEN STOVE TRAY ON TOP.
11. WHAT DOES UNSTAINED MEAN, EXACTLY? NO stain. NO clear Satin top coat. Ready for you to finish upon receipt. >>If you LOVE the unstained color, AND DO want clear coat on top, please message me :) I'll send you a custom listing so we handle your order as-requested, and are certain to clear coat it for you.
12. HOW MUCH IS SHIPPING? Free for US orders over $99. Alaska, Hawaii, APO/Int'l customers - additional shipping charges due. Please message me for more details.
13. WHAT CAN I EXPECT? Click "REVIEWS" to read some of our latest stove top cover reviews.
14. WHEN WILL MY ORDER SHIP? 10-15 business days from your order date.
15. RETURNS Please view details on our Shipping & Returns page. Customers cover return shipping, then refunded 60%.
16. I HAVE A DIFFERENT QUESTION... We are happy to talk through your options, and to provide our expert advice to guide you through selection/ordering questions.
That's our goal -- to build not only a quality product for you and your home, but also build real relationships with our customers. - Need a custom cover length? Just ask :) - Not sure which stain to pick for your kitchen? Just ask :) - If you are unsure of what combination is best for your space, just ask :)
We love getting photos of spaces and helping folks think through what size & color combos will work best!
Thanks, again, and we look forward to partnering together with you on this project!
SHIPPING AND RETURN INFO
We custom cut every shelf and bracket upon order (no pre-made, ready-to-ship pieces prepared in advance).
We also process our orders in the order we receive them. That means that there are a few folks who are excited for us to finish up and ship their shelves, first.
Most of our products take about 10-15 business days (Monday - Friday) to be handcrafted and boxed, ready to ship.
Once shipped, (post-production), orders usually take about 3-4 days from our door in Kansas City to yours (Monday - Saturday). Orders are shipped via UPS most. You will receive a tracking number once your order has shipped.
Furniture pieces (such as tables, desks, etc) are not included in the standard shipping pricing. Those are available for pickup or subject to the prevailing LTL rate and have a 3-6 week lead time.
At J THOMAS HOME we want you to be confident in your purchase. Click here to see answers to commonly-asked questions, like specific details about making a purchase, how long the process takes to ship, how much weight we recommend, and much more.