Our gray wash floating shelf adds a rustic farmhouse open storage solution to your home or work space. The solid wood floating shelf and sleek iron pipe supports provide sturdy wall storage for books, dishware, bathroom accessories, or home décor in a cozy, farmhouse style.
Hi there! We're Josh & Emily, and we wanted to say, "Thanks!" for checking out our best-selling farmhouse gray floating shelf.
There is a LOT of info below so you can feel confident about your shelving purchase.
Otherwise -- ASK US!
Send me photos of your space. We are happy to talk through your storage options, providing our advice to guide you through selection/ordering questions.
We usually reply within just a couple of hours during the day!
1. WHAT WOOD IS THIS SHELF MADE FROM? Knotty pine lumber. See image details. Characteristics: Knots, knot holes, and other natural imperfections create a worn, warm, rustic farmhouse feel.
The grain pattern of your shelves is unique, possibly causing your finish to look a little lighter or darker than samples shown.
2. HOW MANY SHELVES DO I GET? This listing is for ONE pine wood shelf. Each shelf will come with TWO pipe supports.
We include wood screws for install into drywall and studs (recommended), and a small bracket to secure the shelf to the pipe supports.
>> The photos displayed are customer-submitted images of our shelves. If you'd also like two or more floating shelves, please increase the quantity of shelf you purchase here on the listing, or in your cart, prior to checkout. <<
3. WHAT SIZE SHELF IS THIS FOR? Each floating shelf on this listing is 1.35"H (thick).
You choose your shelf size!
We list the shelf dimensions by: >> depth = out from the wall and >> length = left to right across the wall
For example, 7.25"D x 12"L means: The shelf comes 7.25 inches out from the wall and run 12 inches left to right across the wall. > > Note: The pipe support brackets will add at least 1 additional inch out from the wall. <<
4. I NEED A CUSTOM SIZE... Awesome! We custom-cut each shelf upon order.
We can usually accommodate varying depths and lengths, 47”L and under.
Please message us with the dimensions you need, and we'll send you a quote.
>> Please **DO NOT** place an order on this listing and note the shelf size you need in the comments. We must create a custom link just for you to purchase custom-size/color orders. <<
>> Due to Covid-19, we've capped our floating shelves to 47"L and under. <<
5. **NOTE ABOUT GRAY WASH** The shelf will be stained with gray wash stain. The wood grain of the wood below will show through the stain. (Gray Wash is not very dark.) You will see wood grain lines on your gray wash stained shelf. Even though we use pine, not all pine looks the same raw -- some is naturally bright white, others are yellow, and some even have a pink strip down the center. This is usually based on their environment. The color the gray wash comes out as will vary based on your unique wood grain pattern (can impact how light or dark the gray wash stain is) as well as if your natural wood was white, yellow, or had a pink undertone. As shown in the images, this could result in somewhat a tan/brown overall impression.
6. THIS IS GOING IN MY BATHROOM – IS IT WATERPROOF? We apply a clear Satin top coat to your shelf and pipe supports for water-resistance.
Wipe away drips, stains, spills, or pooling water to extend the life of the finish on your pieces.
7. HOW MUCH WEIGHT CAN THIS SHELF SUPPORT? When properly installed in studs or using heavy-duty toggler bolts, our industrial open shelf can hold 30-45+ lbs. pretty easily.
9. HOW LONG WILL THIS TAKE? Your order takes 10 business days to create from scratch.
PLUS 3-4 days in UPS ground transit, from here in Kansas City (Go Chiefs!)
We handmake each rustic floating shelf upon order. No pre-made shelves are ready to ship today. a. Order Placed b. Shelf is CUT, jointed, run through planer, and thoroughly SANDED. c. Shelf gets STAINED and dries. d. Brackets are created and fit to your specific shelf. e. Shelf and brackets receive CLEAR SATIN TOP COAT. f. Order is paired with hardware for install and reviewed for quality prior to hand-wrapping/boxing for shipment. g. Label is printed -- you receive tracking email -- and package arrives avg. 3-4 days later at your door :)
10. CAN I RUSH THIS ORDER? Nope -- good things take time. We process our orders in the order we receive them. There are a few folks excited for us to finish up their shelves, first.
12. HOW MUCH IS SHIPPING? Free for US orders over $99.
Alaska, Hawaii, APO/Int'l customers - additional shipping charges due. Please message me for more details.
13. WHAT CAN I EXPECT? Click "REVIEWS" to read some of our latest open shelving reviews.
14. WHEN WILL MY ORDER SHIP? 10 business days from your order date.
15. RETURNS Please view details in our shop polices. Customers cover return shipping, then refunded 80%.
16. I HAVE A DIFFERENT QUESTION... We are happy to talk through your options, and to provide our expert advice to guide you through selection/ordering questions.
That's our goal -- to build not only a quality product for you and your home, but also build real relationships with our customers. - Need a custom shelf length? Just ask :) - Want to match a custom stain color? Just ask :) - If you are unsure of what combination is best for your space, just ask :)
We love getting photos of spaces and helping folks think through what size & color combos will work best!
Thanks, again, and we look forward to partnering together with you on this project!
SHIPPING AND RETURN INFO
We custom cut every shelf and bracket upon order (no pre-made, ready-to-ship pieces prepared in advance).
We also process our orders in the order we receive them. That means that there are a few folks who are excited for us to finish up and ship their shelves, first.
Most of our products take about 10-15 business days (Monday - Friday) to be handcrafted and boxed, ready to ship.
Once shipped, (post-production), orders usually take about 3-4 days from our door in Kansas City to yours (Monday - Saturday). Orders are shipped via UPS most. You will receive a tracking number once your order has shipped.
Furniture pieces (such as tables, desks, etc) are not included in the standard shipping pricing. Those are available for pickup or subject to the prevailing LTL rate and have a 3-6 week lead time.
At J THOMAS HOME we want you to be confident in your purchase. Click here to see answers to commonly-asked questions, like specific details about making a purchase, how long the process takes to ship, how much weight we recommend, and much more.