Our floating shelf adds a rustic farmhouse open storage solution to your home or work space. The solid wood floating shelf and sleek iron pipe supports provide sturdy wall storage for books, dishware, bathroom accessories, or home décor in a cozy, farmhouse style.
INTRODUCTION Hi there! We're Josh & Emily, and we wanted to say, "Thanks!" for checking out our best-selling farmhouse floating shelf.
There is a LOT of info below so you can feel confident about your shelving purchase.
Otherwise -- ASK US!
Send me photos of your space. We are happy to talk through your storage options, providing our advice to guide you through selection/ordering questions.
We usually reply within just a couple of hours during the day!
1. WHAT WOOD IS THIS SHELF MADE FROM? High-grade knotty pine lumber.
There will be knots, knot holes, and other natural imperfections that create a worn, warm, rustic farmhouse feel.
The grain pattern of your shelves is unique, possibly causing your finish to look a little lighter or darker than samples shown.
2. HOW MANY SHELVES DO I GET? This listing is for ONE pine wood shelf. Each shelf will come with TWO pipe supports.
We include wood screws for install into drywall and studs (recommended), and a small bracket to secure the shelf to the pipe supports.
3. WHAT SIZE SHELF IS THIS FOR? Each floating shelf on this listing is 1.35"H (thick).
You choose your shelf size!
We list the shelf dimensions by: >> depth = out from the wall and >> length = left to right across the wall
For example, 7.25"D x 12"L means: The shelf comes 7.25 inches out from the wall and run 12 inches left to right across the wall. > > Note: The pipe support brackets will add at least 1 additional inch out from the wall. <<
4. I NEED A CUSTOM SIZE... Awesome! We custom-cut each shelf upon order.
We can usually accommodate varying depths and lengths, 47”L and under.
Please message us with the dimensions you need, and we'll send you a quote.
>> We must create a custom link just for you to purchase custom-size/color orders. <<
>> Due to Covid-19, we've capped our floating shelves to 47"L and under. <<
5. WHAT IF I WANT MORE MODERN SHELVES? Upgrade to Walnut or White Oak wood for cleaner lines, slightly thicker, beautiful, naturally-finished shelves. (Listings linked are for ONE shelf).
6. THIS IS GOING IN MY BATHROOM – IS IT WATERPROOF? We apply a clear Satin top coat to your shelf and pipe supports for water-resistance.
Wipe away drips, stains, spills, or pooling water to extend the life of the finish on your pieces.
7. HOW MUCH WEIGHT CAN THIS SHELF SUPPORT? When properly installed in studs or using heavy-duty toggler bolts, our industrial open shelf can hold 30-45+ lbs. pretty easily.
9. HOW LONG WILL THIS TAKE? Your order takes 5-10 business days to create from scratch.
PLUS 3-4 days in UPS ground transit, from here in Kansas City (Go Chiefs!)
We handmake each rustic floating shelf upon order. No pre-made shelves are ready to ship today. a. Order Placed b. Shelf is CUT, jointed, run through planer, and thoroughly SANDED. c. Shelf gets STAINED and dries. d. Brackets are created and fit to your specific shelf. e. Shelf and brackets receive CLEAR SATIN TOP COAT. f. Order is paired with hardware for install and reviewed for quality prior to hand-wrapping/boxing for shipment. g. Label is printed -- you receive tracking email -- and package arrives avg. 3-4 days later at your door :)
10. CAN I RUSH THIS ORDER? Nope -- good things take time. We process our orders in the order we receive them. There are a few folks excited for us to finish up their shelves, first.
12. WHAT DOES UNSTAINED MEAN, EXACTLY? NO stain. NO clear Satin top coat. Ready for you to finish upon receipt.
>>If you LOVE the unstained color, AND DO want clear coat on top, please message me :) I'll send you a custom listing so we handle your order as-requested, and are certain to clear coat it for you.<<
13. HOW MUCH IS SHIPPING? Free for US orders over $99.
Alaska, Hawaii, APO/Int'l customers - additional shipping charges due. Please message me for more details.
14. WHAT CAN I EXPECT? Click "REVIEWS" to read some of our latest open shelving reviews.
15. WHEN WILL MY ORDER SHIP? 10 business days from your order date.
16. RETURNS Please view details in our shop polices. Customers cover return shipping, then refunded 60%.
17. I HAVE A DIFFERENT QUESTION... We are happy to talk through your options, and to provide our expert advice to guide you through selection/ordering questions.
Thanks, again, and we look forward to partnering together with you on this project!
SHIPPING AND RETURN INFO
We custom cut every shelf and bracket upon order (no pre-made, ready-to-ship pieces prepared in advance).
We also process our orders in the order we receive them. That means that there are a few folks who are excited for us to finish up and ship their shelves, first.
Most of our products take about 10-15 business days (Monday - Friday) to be handcrafted and boxed, ready to ship.
Once shipped, (post-production), orders usually take about 3-4 days from our door in Kansas City to yours (Monday - Saturday). Orders are shipped via UPS most. You will receive a tracking number once your order has shipped.
Furniture pieces (such as tables, desks, etc) are not included in the standard shipping pricing. Those are available for pickup or subject to the prevailing LTL rate and have a 3-6 week lead time.
At J THOMAS HOME we want you to be confident in your purchase. Click here to see answers to commonly-asked questions, like specific details about making a purchase, how long the process takes to ship, how much weight we recommend, and much more.